CENTRAL SCHOOL BOARD PROCEEDINGS |
Murray County Central ISD #2169 Board
The Murray County Central ISD #2169 Board of Education held a regular meeting, pursuant to notice, on Monday, March 10, 2014, in the high school library. Members present: Daniel Woldt, Cindy Meling, Tom Mesner, Tony Clarke, Sue Streff and Jeremy Steinle. Administration: Luther Onken, Joe Meyer, and Todd Burlingame. Others: Naomi Sankey, Becky Hudson, Lisa Rademacher, Deb Bleyenberg. Chair Woldt called the meeting to order at 6:03 p.m. followed by the Pledge of Allegiance.
Chair Woldt called for changes and or additions to the agenda, there were none. Cindy Meling made a motion, duly seconded by Tony Clarke, to approve the agenda. Motion carried unanimously.
Tom Mesner made a motion to act on the consent agenda items. Approve February 10, 2014 minutes. Approve payment of claims: $171,071.43. Receive cash flow, trial balance, and Student Activity reports. Receive donation: MinnWest Bank to ECFE - $25.00. Approve spring activity assignments: Brian Christiansen and Patrick Freeman-Assistant Track Coach, Myron Bennett-Jr. High Baseball Coach, Joel Herrig-Jr. High Baseball Coach (50%), Henry Veldhuisen-Assistant Softball Coach (66.67%), Katie Hoffmann-Assistant Softball Coach (33.33%), Misse Swanson-Jr. High Softball Coach. Approve 2013-2014 contracts for elementary teaching staff, secondary teaching staff, ECFE teaching staff, Mental Health Resource Person, School Nurse, Activities Director/Head of Grounds/AD, Community Education Director/ Youth Development Director. Approve 2013-2015 contracts for Elementary Principal and Secondary Principal. Jeremy Steinle seconded the motion. Motion carried.
Mr. Burlingame's report:
• Reading Corp- MCC was awarded 2 FTE's for the 14-15 school year
• DARE Graduation March 24th 6:30 Auditorium
• Coaches vs. Cancer BB game this Friday (Students- Coin Wars)
• 2/3 Concert has been rescheduled for Thursday at 6:30
End of 3rd quarter March 21st
• Math Masters (6th Grade) Mr. Meyer's report:
Team Purple Pi 2nd Place
Fact Drill Winners
Sam Larson 1st
Kyler Deacon 2nd
Justin Clarke - tie 3rd
Alyssa Groves - tie 3rd
Fact Drill Winners
Sam Larson 1st
Kyler Deacon 2nd
Justin Clarke tie 3rd
Alyssa Groves tie 3rd
Science Fair Results
Karissa Hurd, Red
MaryLou McNab, Blue
Taylor Ford, Blue
Category Winner - MaryLou McNab
Dawson Blankenship ,Blue
Sara Mathiowetz, Red
Gabe Minton, Blue
Category Winner - Dawson Blankenship
Ashley Overgaaw, Red
Casey Miller, Blue
Cierra Tutt, Blue
Emma Richardson, Red
Abby Hamman, Blue
Category Winner - Abby Hamman
Health & Human Performance
Tanner Graphenteen, Blue
Symone Harms , Blue
Gracie Haupert , Blue
Ashley Hellewell, Blue
Emma Siedschlag, Blue
Izzy Gillette, Red
Category Winners - Emma Siedschlag & Gracie Haupert
Energy & Transportation
Kelly Bleyenberg, Red
Aamon Naig, Red
Anna Minton, Red
Drew Wittrock, Blue
Karlie Heezen, Blue
Dante Damm, Blue
Ashley Aaenson, Red
Category Winner - Dante Damm
Family & Consumer Science
Amanda Overgaaw, Blue
Briana Engelkes, Red
Ryanna Schreier, Blue
Category Winner - Ryanna Schreier
Regional Science Fair (10 of the 13 are going to Mankato on April 26th)
• Alyssa Boynton (7th Grade student at MCC) earned multi-regional state spelling bee championship. She will compete at the National Spelling Bee competition in Washington D.C. at the end of May.
• Clayton Hartle was the Section 3AA 113 pound champion. Competed at the state wrestling tournament and went 1-2.
• Cancer Awareness Week activities are taking place this week. Dress up days and cancer awareness announcements.
• Coaches vs. Cancer Basketball game on Friday night. Staff vs. Students. All money raised goes to the local relay for life and American Cancer Society.
• Attendance at Parent/Teacher Conferences for the High School was at 60%
7th Grade- 55% 10th Grade- 64%
8th Grade- 58% 11th Grade- 66%
9th Grade- 62% 12th Grade- 47%
• MCA practice tests have been completed. MCA testing begins April 8 and will run through mid-May.
• End of the 3rd Quarter is next Friday, March 21st.
Mr. Onken's report:
• SW Collaborative Meetings in Wabasso - Plan Document and Budget are due March 15, 2014 - I have requested and received an extension until April 18th. The Plan Document has an Integration Goal and an Achievement Goal or Goals. The Integration Goal will center on an ACT preparation classes offered to all the Districts in the Collaborative (Marshall, MCC, RRC, Tracy, Wabasso & WWG, Milroy). The Achievement Goal will be developed locally and we will use the balance of our Collaborative dollars locally to reduce the achievement gap.
• Custodial Update - night shift custodian started back on March 3rd - will increase his time one hour per day each week until back to full time status. Discussion held on custodial staff and job duties, key distribution and school upkeep.
• Technology Contract - we will have Joe Hafner here on Monday & Thursday (one Wednesday per month also). Craig Polkow will be here on Wednesdays.
• Roof repair - we have some leaks - Laraway Roofing will be contacted.
Tony Clarke made a motion, seconded by Sue Streff to approve the SW/WC Service Cooperative contracts for 2014-2015 Membership Agreement, Cooperative Purchasing-free with membership, Environmental/Occupational Health and Safety Management Program-$0.00, Health & Safety Management Assistance $1,279.40, Regional Management Information Center: Business/SMART Systems Services $11,795.20, MARSS/Other Revenue Reporting Services $1,654.80, Extended Services-Business Manager $54,600.00, Technology Coordinator Services $48,645.00, E-Rate Coordination Services $1,635.00, Special Education Services $133,080.08 (Funding sources: Federal-Part B $101,536.00, Federal-Part F $1,439.08, State and Local $30,105.00). Motion carried unanimously.
Sue Streff made a motion to approve the After Prom Party Insurance Endorsement, Tom Mesner seconded the motion. Motion carried unanimously.
Cindy Meling made a motion with a second by Jeremy Steinle, to approve Integration Collaborative Budget. Motion carried unanimously.
Board received Q Comp Application - Budget 2014 - 2015.
Cindy Meling made a motion to adjourn at 6:50 p.m. Tony
Clarke seconded the motion. Motion carried.
Cindy Meling, Clerk