|MURRAY COUNTY CENTRAL SCHOOL BOARD PROCEEDINGS|
Murray County Central school board meeting summary for |
November 13, 2012
(entire minutes may be read in the administrative
office or on the district website: mcc.mntm.org)
Chair Woldt called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m. Members present: Sue Streff, Tom Mesner, Dan Woldt, Cindy Meling, Tony Clarke, and Steve Hartle. Administration: Luther Onken, Todd Burlingame, and Joe Meyer. Others: Jeremy Steinle, Becky Hudson, James Wajer, Lisa Rademacher, Steve Haugen, Chris Davis, and Charlene Steensma.
Addition to agenda: Item 6.E. Surplus property. MSP Meling/Mesner to approve the agenda.
MSP Streff/Hartle to act on the consent agenda items: Approve October 15, 2012 minutes. Approve payment of claims in the amount of $183,798.82 and receipt of the trial balance, and cash flow reports. Approve winter sports contracts: Assistant BB-Marvin Nysetvold, JHBBB(1.5)-Mark Carlson, JHGBB(1.5)-Paul Counter, and winter cheerleading(.5)-Amanda Berreau. Receive post experience reflection report. Declare “Little Tykes” BB Hoop as surplus property.
Open Forum- No one present.
MSP Clarke/Mesner to accept the FY2012 Audit Report as presented by Steve Haugen, Gerber and Haugen and Associates.
Received administrative reports
Member Steve Hartle introduced the following resolutions and moved there adoption:
RESOLUTION CANVASSING RETURNS
OF VOTES OF SCHOOL DISTRICT GENERAL ELECTION
BE IT RESOLVED by the School Board of Independent School District No. 2169, as follows:
1. It is hereby found, determined and declared that the general election of the voters of the district held on November 6, 2012, was in all respects duly and legally called and held.
2. As specified in the attached Abstract and Return of Votes Cast, a total of 2175 voters of the district voted at said election on the election of (three) school board members for four year term vacancies on the board caused by expiration of term on the first Monday in January next following the general election as follows:
Cindy Meling 2052
Sue Streff 1995
Jeremy Steinle 1847
Write Ins 111
3. Cindy Meling, Sue Streff, and Jeremy Steinle, having received the highest number of votes, are elected to four year terms beginning the first Monday in January, 2013.
4. The school district clerk is hereby authorized to certify the results of the election to the county auditor of each county in which the school district is located in whole or in part.
(Attach Abstract and Return of Votes Cast)
RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING ISSUANCE OF CERTIFICATES
OF ELECTION AND DIRECTING SCHOOL DISTRICT CLERK
TO PERFORM OTHER ELECTION RELATED DUTIES
WHEREAS, the board has canvassed the general election for school board members held on November 6, 2012.
NOW THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the School Board of Independent School District No.2169, State of Minnesota, as follows:
1. The chair and clerk are hereby authorized to execute certificates of election on behalf of the school board of Independent School District No.2169 to the following candidates:
a. Cindy Meling
b. Sue Streff
c. Jeremy Steinle
who have received a sufficiently large number of votes to be elected to fill vacancies on the board caused by expiration of term on the first Monday in January next following the election, based on the results of the canvass.
2. The certificate of election shall be in substantially the form attached hereto.
3. After the time for contesting the election has passed and the candidate has filed all campaign financial reports required by Minnesota Statutes, Chapter 211A, the clerk of the school board is hereby directed to deliver the certificates to the persons entitled thereto personally or by certified mail.
4. The clerk is hereby directed to enclose with the certificate a form of acceptance of office and oath of office in substantially the form attached hereto.
The motion for the adoption of the foregoing resolutions was duly seconded by Member Tony Clarke and upon vote being taken thereon, the following voted in favor thereof: Tony Clarke, Tom Mesner, Cindy Meling, Sue Streff, Tom Mesner, and Dan Woldt.
and the following voted against the same: None
WHEREUPON said resolution was declared duly passed and adopted.
MSP Mesner/Streff to approve Murray County Central's Annual Network Content Filtering Compliance, as required by the FCC and Children's Internet Protection Act, and the School District Electronic Technology Acceptable Use Policy No. 524.
MSP Hartle/Meling to adjourn at 8:30 p.m.
Cindy Meling, Clerk